How to be good at strangers?
This is a tough world and often feels very cruel. It is very much difficult to nurture our humanitarian virtues. On the other hand, it is important to be kind and empathetic to strangers. Remember one thing that kindness to a complete stranger is most powerful as it nurtures your soul, and helps to make a connection with them.
I understand it is sometimes scary to make a connection with a stranger as some may come out as cheater, disloyal, or may hurt you physically or mentally. Also, it doesn’t mean that everyone in the world are cruel. I have met the extreme kind people. We just need to be careful while meeting anyone or helping or making any connection with them.
You may find the best person in this way.
How can I be good at strangers?
1) Connect and converse with elderly and lonely people, visit them regularly if they live in your neighborhood. Take good care of them.
2) Always say please and thank you while conversing with a stranger.
3) Welcome new people to your neighborhood. Take care of wellbeing of the vulnerable people of the community, and create a happy healthy environment.
4) If some stranger is need of food and begging, buy him food. If someone became sick in road help him, contact local authority if needed.
5) Offer up your seat to elderly people, children or pregnant women.
6) Donate your unwanted things to needy people.
7) Smile and node at strangers.
8) Acknowledge kindness you receive from others and never shy away from thanking them.
9) Donate blood regularly, one drop of your blood can save one stranger’s life.
10) Help an elderly people to carry loads.
12) check up on someone who seems to be lonely, depressed or disturbed.
13) Share your meal with someone who doesn’t have one.
14) While travelling take care of your co-passengers if they seem sick, victim of some evil schemes or lost.
15) Those people give service you, treat them with respect and tip them well.
16) Treat everyone with same respect regardless of their position or social status.
17) listen to people’s story without interrupting or judging them.
18) Give encouragement towards one’s dream no matter how big or small it seems.
19) listen to someone’s pain and do everything in your power to solve the problem.
20) observe everyone without judging and never indulge into meaningless gossips.
21) Treat every small interaction with another person even with a stranger as an opportunity to make positive impacts in both of your lives.
22) Avoid greed, anger and ignorance.
23) Lend your shoulder to cry on, be empathetic to others.
24) Always offer encouragement after a failure.
25) Donate gift or money to good cause.
26) when you saw someone having any kind of difficulty stop to offer help.
27) stand up for stranger you met, lend him your voice. If he is vulnerable he needs your solidarity.
28) If you realize someone is sick come to his rescue, if possible nurse him.
29) Make yourself approachable and available so that you can help others.
30) Hold a door open for a newcomer or a stranger.
31) If someone help you in your critical condition send them a hand written note to show your gratitude.
32) Clean out your used things and donate to people who need it.
33) Donate your used books to a local library, so that it can help a stranger for his self-development.
34) Send flowers to sick people.
35) Help your new neighbors to feel welcome in your community and do send them house warming gifts.
36) Stand up to online bullying.
37) State your beliefs and ideals firmly but politely.
38) Introduce yourself to new people, make your new colleagues, classmates etc. feel welcome.
39) Behave patiently with other people.
40) Appreciate people the way they are.
41) Never forget to send letters of appreciation to those who support you.
42) Tell your mentors or teachers that they are doing a great job.
43) Keep your community places clean so that other can enjoy that.
44) Ask people politely for their suggestions or opinions.
45) Be a part of some community service to help those in need.
46) leave a thank you note for your janitor, gardener, housekeeper and domestic workers.
47) Help the attendant at counter of grocery shop to pack your things.
48) Let someone with a few items cut you in the line of grocery store.
49) Spread good news and encourage others to do so.
50) Spread nice words that you heard about someone.
51) Address people correctly.
52) While making eye contact with a stranger kindly smile.
53) Recycle what you have used.
54) Share your umbrella on a rainy day with someone who is drenching.
55) Give lift to strangers who seems to be in trouble.
56) Talk with people, ask them about their day.
57) Help someone to get your parking spot in a overcrowding lot while you are leaving.
58) Do a little something extra to make someone life’s easier.
59) Give without any return expectation.
60) Encourage others to indulge in helpful act at least once a week.
61) Forgive and let go of your anger, because anger is your inner demon.
62) Don’t be very serious all the time, engage in active communication with others.
63) Help others to be independent.
64) Teach others how to make a positive impact in stranger’s lives by setting examples.
65) Give people the space they need.
66) Crack a good joke, lighten the mood it will help you to engage in a less formal kind of communication.
67) Clean up after yourself.
68) Appreciate the professional help you got.
69) Make a care package and send it to some members of active military unit.
70) Take the time and effort to teach someone a skill you know.
71) Help someone to get active and help them to achieve small goals of their lives. Like if someone wants to lose their weight, go running or walking with them or start going to gym with them.
72) If someone asks you to take a picture of them do that.
73) Keep all your promises and mend all your obligations.
74) If you have a little extra cash buy some essential things and give them to a homeless person or footpath dwellers. Teach their kids and make a connection with them.
74) Finally and most importantly always stay positive and focus on what is right.
Never forget one thing that your best friend was a complete stranger once. So don’t wait them to smile at you, you smile at first, engage in meaningful conversation, talk to a complete stranger straight from your heart. Complement them in your own unique beautiful way, and they will connect with you like magic. Remember the words “ Love whoever is around to be loved”- Karl Vonnegut. Finally live proudly and influence and inspire other people with your way of life.
You can visit my Facebook page where you can find all my videos and I update the regularly:https://www.facebook.com/betterworldsjp/videos/?ref=page_internal. We can discuss how to develop the art of communication.
You can also connect to me through my professional network on Linkedinhttps://www.linkedin.com/in/sjpurohit/. We can discuss how to develop the art of communication.
You can connect to me through my Instagram page: https://www.instagram.com/purohit.sudarshan/. We can discuss how to develop the art of communication.
If you want to know about your strengths and weaknesses then you can get your DMIT test done. If you want your DMIT test to be done then you can contact here: https://sudarshanpurohit.com/dmit-test-in-bangalore/