HOW TO BE COURAGEOUS?
“Courage to me is doing something daring, no matter how afraid, insecure, intimidated, alone, unworthy, incapable, ridiculed, or whatever other paralyzing emotion you might feel. Courage is taking action….no matter what. So you’re afraid? Be afraid. Be scared silly to the point you’re trembling and nauseous, but do it anyway!”
― Rochelle E. Goodrich
Learning how to be courageous also requires a lot of motivation. Here’s what you need to do to remain motivated.
Courage is the state of mind that enables it to face challenges, difficulties, danger, pain with bravery, and without fear. Courage is not that you do not feel fear, rather it is feeling the fear, facing every challenge, and still staying strong and confident. It is on you how to face the fear coming with difficulties, either you will fall or you will stay stiff if you will be courageous to face it all and let it not overpower, courage is when you still want to learn knowing that it is fearful.
While learning how to be courageous, you must also know of ways to deal with stage fright. Here’s how you can overcome stage fright.
There will be many stones or pebbles by which you have to cross your way to attaining your goal but if you have the right mindset and courage, nobody can stop you from achieving it, no matter what. The best form to gain courage, you have to have faith or trust in yourself. You are no less than anybody and you can equally do things as others can and even if you try hard, you may do it better than others. When you want to get your goal fulfilled or accomplished it is important to be courageous and take chances.
Learning to be courageous is not enough if you are a sportsperson. Here’s how you need to overcome the fear of losing in sports.
You can follow these following things mentioned bellowed to know how you can be courageous –
1. Do not avoid your fears, face them: Avoiding your fear is nothing but eloping from it. Life throws a wide range of tough challenges towards us and us as humans are prone to getting panicked in such situation. The fears that we, as humans, hold the capacity to carry along with us for a lifetime and on the contrary, hold the capacity to overcome at the very moment. Life holds a tendency of bringing challenges to us but if we fear them, it makes it all the way more difficult to withstand those hurdles. Avoiding our fear doesn’t give a solution but facing them with all your heart surely does.
2. Having the right mindset: Having the right mindset involves giving your mind the right direction. It involves keeping your mind fixed towards attaining a particular set of goals in your life and thereby keeping yourself away from all the distractions. It helps to fight all the obstacles that come into our’s life while reaching our destination. We should keep ourselves optimistic enough to have the belief that if you have got the courage you can achieve anything and everything and that’s what’s called the right mindset.
Many times we think negative that what if I don’t succeed but instead we must think positive that what all you will receive if you will be successful. Higher the risk – higher will be the return. The first thing is we must know what is the downside and if we are fine with the downside then no problem go for it.
If we are not fine with the downside then see what you are going to get, If what we are going to get is very big then we must be ready to come out of our comfort zone and still try it thinking that if we will be able to achieve it then it will be a great thing in your life.
After learning to be courageous, it is important to have a winning mindset. Here’s how you can have a winning mindset.
3. Get out of the four comfort zone walls: Life doesn’t give us choices. It unfolds in front of us it’s various challenges and we have to deal with it no matter what. It requires us to bring ourselves out of our comfort zones, take the difficult path, and win over our challenges courageously and bravely. Drag yourself out of the comfort zone and put yourself out to the real world of ultimate discomfort and that’s where you prove yourself. It takes a lot of courage to bring oneself out of those walls but gives you the best results.
4. Don’t be afraid of failure: Just like how every coin has two sides to it, similarly, every situation that comes into our life has two folds bifurcated into success and failures. We, as humans, are the most afraid of the F-word. We perceive failure as one of the most devastating repercussions of anything.
But if we look at the brighter side the person with the maximum failures can achieve the maximum success at some point in their life. Failure constantly pushes us to give it another shot and a better one the next time. It will not be wrong to say that Failure makes you a perfectionist and perfection is the utmost demand of the hour.
If you want to learn how to overcome the fear of failure then you can read: Overcoming fear of failure
5. Cope up with challenges coming your way: There are a number of challenges that come into your way. Having challenges in life is not a problem but being stressed about it to an extent that it makes you vulnerable that it takes away all your courage, which is a problem. While moving forward with our lives we should learn to cope with such imbalances. We should inculcate in ourselves the fact that challenges are prone to happen and we thereby have to deal with those without letting our mental self get harm.
If you learn how to develop positive thinking then you will be able to cope up with challenges. You can read here: How to develop positive thinking?
6. Always be confident and never hesitate: We should always be confident of ourselves. Being confident makes us all the more ready to accept our life the way it is. It makes us ready to have new experiences in life without hesitation. It gives us the belief that we can win over any battle in life if we have the courage to do so. It encourages us to stand again and again and fight with our hurdles. Confident people have a sense of security within them. Confidence allows us to believe in our strengths and overcome our weaknesses.
If you want to learn how to be confident then you can read: How to be confident.
7. Know how to stand for yourself and be independent: The one thing that stays with us, no matter what, is “we” ourselves and this refers to the idea of being independent. Being independent means relying only on yourself for anything and everything that happens in your life. We need to stand for ourselves before we expect anybody to stand for us.
We need to understand that whatever we do or aspire to do in our lives can be done if we are ingrained with the habit of holding our own selves responsible for all the activities that we perform. We should be able to take the charge of our conduct.
If you want to learn how to take responsibility for your action then you can read: How to stop blaming others and start taking responsibility.
8. Do not be stressed or feel pressurized: Never be stressed because of your goal, just have the proper amount of courage to fight against them and stay strong. Pressure will only lead to failure and tensions by which you will never be able to do things with all your heart. By loving them rather you will do more, because of the pressure inside your brain forcing you to do it out of choice.
9. Never give up on the will to learn more: Always have a learning attitude. It is always good to learn new things than being egoistic that you know everything. Nobody is perfect; everybody needs lessons of learning from time to time which is necessary for our growth and knowledge.
If you want to develop a learning attitude then you can watch this video.
10. Introspect or talk to yourself: Introspection is one of the key determinants of a healthy mind, when you are confused or do not find any solution just stand in front of the mirror and ask yourself, answer your questions and talk to yourself. By introspecting within you, your mind knows what to do and how to go on the correct path without getting distracted, it takes you to the road you desired.
We should never let fear drive our decisions and choice, and overpower our minds and not let us go forward. we should not let fear stop us from getting to our goal and achieve it, our courage should be much stronger than the fear present in our mind to face the challenges, if our outrage is strong nobody can stop us from what we want and what we deserve, it should have control over your mind and not let fear any time take its place.
You have to deal with or face the fear so that you can start focusing on the most vital things of your life like accomplishing your goals and getting your dreams fulfilled on your own with having confidence and courage in you for your lifetime.
Aristotle once said, “Courage is the first of human virtues because it makes all others possible”.
You can visit my Facebook page where you can find all my videos and I update them regularly:https://www.facebook.com/betterworldsjp/videos/?ref=page_internal
You can also connect to me through my professional network on Linkedinhttps://www.linkedin.com/in/sjpurohit/
You can connect to me through my Instagram page: https://www.instagram.com/purohit.sudarshan/
If you want to know about your strengths and weaknesses then you can get your DMIT test done. If you want your DMIT test to be done then you can contact here: https://sudarshanpurohit.com/dmit-test-in-bangalore/