HOW TO BE A GOOD FRIEND OR HOW TO BECOME BEST FRIENDS WITH SOMEONE
“ A real friend is one who walks in when most of the world walks out”. For everyone apart from parents and family, the second most important person in our life is a friend.
A friend is a person we carelessly laugh with, we do all that naughty things with, share our problems with, also we get a solution for that problem, we grow with, we see ups and down`s of our life with.
In short, a friend is a huge part of our past memories and our current life. Friendship is the only relationship in which there is no issue of ego, attitude, comparison, competition, culture, color, and religion. Those factors are not valuable in friendship.
When two or more people feel comfortable in the presence of each other and feel connected with one another then only the friendship will last forever. There is a simple definition of true friendship: In front of others who will hide your mistakes but will tell you when you are alone. With whom you feel connection more than a blood relation is your true friend.
Now I have seen many of us are not able to build good friendships. No one has taught us how to be good friends. We make friends but we don’t to how to convert that relationship into a long-lasting relationship that we can cheer our whole life.
So to make you understand how to be a good friend I have listed down 8 easy ways:
- Be real with your friend
- Be a good listener
- Keep their secrets
- Encourage your friend
- Spend time with your friend
- Celebrate each other achievements
- Stop your friend from making any bad decision
- Plan a trip with your friend
1. How to be a good friend – BE REAL WITH YOUR FRIEND:- Some people are always trying to be good in front of others. They want to add in other good books and always do those things that do not show their original personality. So make sure that you be real with your friends. Real with your personality, nature, background, and everything.
A friend is a person we trust truly, and that trust will only be build once we are real to our friend. So the first rule of friendship is to BE REAL WITH YOUR FRIENDS. To become a real person we must have high standards. If you want to learn how to set high standards for yourself then you can read: How to set high standards for yourself.
2. How to be a good friend – BE A GOOD LISTENER:- Friendship is a holy relation. In some situations, we are stuck with certain problems and we can`t find the path to get out of all these problems. In that situation, a good friend plays a huge role in our life because some problems we can`t discuss with our parents at that time we need a good listener as a good friend, and a good friend should always be ready to help us.
So, if your friend shares any problem with you then you should listen to them carefully and calmly. Make them feel familiar. A good listener always stops others to make stupid decisions. So, friendship rule no.2 is to LISTEN TO YOUR FRIENDS PROBLEM.
I have a YouTube Channel also where I post a video on attitude and character and you can subscribe it through https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYGdbB_F0qii4Zo_rn-rCyg/videos?view_as=subscriber If you would have a good attitude you will develop good listening skills also.
3. How to be a good friend – KEEP THEIR SECRETS:- We all know that in friendship everyone knows each other’s deep dark secrets so be a good friend is a huge responsibility to keep the secrets of your friends. So friendship rule no.3 is KEEP YOUR FRIEND SECRETS.
You can visit my Facebook page and I post text and video on growing attitude and character, you can find all my videos and I update it regularly: https://www.facebook.com/pg/betterworldsjp/videos/?ref=page_internal. We can discuss in detail how to be a good friend.
4. ENCOURAGE YOUR FRIEND:- Many times we all feel de-motivated, depressed, and feeling low for certain different reasons. Sometimes we lose hope in everything. So to be a good friend we should always motivate our friends, encourage them, and act as boost energy for them. Let`s take a funny example if our friend had a breakup and he shares his breakup story with you, what would you do? Obviously, you will encourage him, help him to forget his past, and motivate him to be focused on his future. So, the friendship rule 4is ENCOURAGE THEM, NEVER LET THEM FEEL ALONE. If you want to learn how to be a motivator then you can read: How to motivate yourself and others.
5. SPEND TIME WITH YOUR FRIEND:- In friendship and also in a relationship the most important thing is to spend some time with your loved ones. A true friend does not need a regular call or text but whenever you have time make sure to go to your friend and just make them feel special. Whenever your friend is going through a hard time then always be with them. So, friendship rule no.5 is SPEND TIME WITH YOUR FRIEND. More time we spend the stronger bond we build.
You can connect me through my professional network on LinkedIn also here is the link:https://www.linkedin.com/in/sjpurohit/. I can be your friend 🙂
6. CELEBRATE EACH OTHER’s ACHIEVEMENT:- When we achieve something great, only two types of people will come to our mind, one is family, and the other one is the best friend. To be a good friend always celebrate each other’s achievement. A true friend is always happy to see his friends grow up. Friendship rule no.6 is to CELEBRATE EACH OTHER`S HAPPINESS. We must not be jealous of our friend’s growth. We must be happy to see our friend’s achievements. If you want to learn how to get rid of jealousy then you can read: How to get rid of jealousy.
7. STOP YOUR FRIEND FROM MAKING ANY BAD DECISION:- A true friend will always care about you. Always stops you to make stupid decisions. As friends, we have the power to pull back our friends from the worst situation. If you find your friend in a situation where he is unknowingly making any decision that is not safe for him, you should stop him then and there. Like if he is planning to try smoking or alcohol or drugs then we must stop him or her from doing that. As a good friend, you should always keep a watch on whether he may do that again or not. So, friendship rule 7, is STOP YOUR FRIEND FROM MAKING ANY BAD DECISION.
To stop making bad decisions we must know what is bad and what is good. I can recommend one book which you can read by John Maxwell “winning with people” you can buy that book at Winning with people
8. PLAN A TRIP WITH YOUR FRIEND:- When we travel with our loved ones, our stress level reduces by 80% and which is good for our health. So as a good friend always plan a trip which will build a stronger bond between friends and everyone will be relaxed from their routine. Friendship rule no.8 is PLAN A TRIP WITH YOUR FRIEND.
You can connect me through my Instagram page: https://www.instagram.com/purohit.sudarshan/ . We can discuss in detail how to be a good friend.
In Indian culture, the holiest relation is friendship and we all mean it. We have certain examples of this holy friendship KRISHNA- SUDAMA, KRISHNA – DRAUPADI. Friendship plays the most important role in our life. Even the lord also need a friend on whom they can rely on. Not only Indian culture but every culture agrees with it. Not only culture but our film industry also celebrates the purity of this friendship like chandler and joey, Aladdin and genie, Jay and Viru are the most iconic friends in the movie industry. All these characters prove that there is no relation which means more than a friendship. “ FRIENDSHIP IS THE HARDEST THING IN THE WORLD TO EXPLAIN..” …MUHAMMAD ALI.
After reading How to be a good friend I am sure you would want to read How to be a good daughter: https://sudarshanpurohit.com/how-to-be-a-good-daughter/
If you want to add anything in how to be a good friend then kindly send it through comments. I will add it in the article 🙂
If you want to know your natural capabilities which mean what are your strength and weaknesses then you can get you DMIT test done. If you want your DMIT test to be done then you can contact here: https://sudarshanpurohit.com/dmit-test-in-bangalore/