How to develop a passion for life
Passion can be defined as an intense desire to achieve the target. The target could be anything a high profile job, getting successful, or simply studying harder to get a certain percentage. That is why, we often see, that passion is represented by ‘fire’. It is the insanity to attain something which drives you towards your goal. Life is a wonderful voyage. Your ship isn’t going to sail smoothly all the time, the storms of life may make you feel like it’s going to sink but the entire experience boils down to one thing, HOPE.
You have to stay motivated to achieve your passion for life. Here’s how you can make sure you are always motivated and can learn to motivate others as well.
First and foremost if your hope has dried out, then you are living a life of the dead, literally. Hope is an essential component of life that keeps us alive and passion can be termed as the essence of life. Cradle passion as if it were a baby. You need to feed your passion with love and nurture it so that it grows up and yields the fruits of success. The passion to achieve something can lead you amid a bifurcation of roads. The one road where your passion will transform into success and honor of pride for you while the other will land you up at a place where there are obsession, guilt, and shame.
Hence it is essential to have a healthy passion for life. Because the unhealthy way will deliberately land you in a pit of obsession which one will you be embarrassed about? One has to identify their passion if it is directing them correctly, and if it is towards the wrong direction then one may have to stop right there. It is true, that fire is difficult to control once it gets in its fury similarly passion can give you a ride to hell if not being controlled (the unhealthy passion of course).
You have to maintain your energy levels to chase your passion for life. Click here to know how to maintain your energy levels.
For instance, we have come across people who have lost their minds because they have transformed themselves into something unrecognizable, by constantly getting sucked into their passion. It is a good thing to chase your dreams and passion but watch out for the stones that lie in your path or the bend in the road. People have turned greedy and ended up in a sorry state, like the ones I know who had an intense passion to pursue engineering and didn’t end up getting a seat at an engineering college.
This made the person extremely gutted, dropped out of college, and landed nowhere. I mean, such a smart kid could have tried to apply at a private institution or should have taken up a diploma course at least. But no! Chose to succumb at the first stage of failure. I’m sure that fella hadn’t heard about this quote ‘failure is a stepping stone to success’.
To pursue your passion for life, you have to be focused. Here’s how you can be focused always.
Another person known to me had a passion for baking cakes. The individual never went for a decent baking course nor could afford to set up a bakery. So, person B starts working and saves a few bucks out of the meagre salary and sets up a café after 7 years. I know! Quite a long duration but guess what this person, did not lose hope and kept striving towards his goal. You see this is the type of positivity we need amongst all the people. Whenever we embark on a journey to put ourselves in danger and embarrassment, we often get a ‘sermon’ from our parents.
That is because they have the experience and they have passed a similar phase like each one of us. Hence, they know the perils involved and try their level best to protect us. So the next time, you get a talking to, for replying to the creep sliding a ‘hi’ in your DM’s, Listen to her. Listen to them. And don’t argue further not because they have information about Instagram but because they have acquired more knowledge about the world than you. Besides, it is better to listen to them than to have the guilt of not listening to them.
You need to have a winning attitude to achieve your passion for life. Here’s how you can develop a winning attitude.
Makes sense doesn’t it? It is tough to describe the passion, it could be anything from volunteering with an NGO to being adamant to respect your body and self-love. Overall passion is bound by an immense love for the object, ambition, or a person.
7 means to develop a passion for life:
1. Set objectives: when we have something to look up to, we are filled with the craze to achieve those objectives. It is these ascribed targets that give us hope to turn out successful. It is always advisable to put those goals down on a piece of paper or your in-built sticky notes on the laptop or any other place where you visit a lot. It is beneficial in a way because it consistently reminds you of your goals set whenever you tend to go astray. It motivates us to perform better and exceptional. Thereby, always keeping us focussed and vigilant.
2. Monitor: setting goals is a waste if one is going to slide those under their pillow and have a nice sleep. It is essential to track one’s progress to know where one has lagged and how to work upon the weaker areas. One can opt for a timetable or a scheduled journal to maintain uniformity. The record will aid in providing improved results in a befitting manner.
3. Thinking about the positive outcome: We often stress about the future. How are we going to look on the wedding day? What percentage will we be getting on the boards? And the list goes on. We aren’t new to the concept of overthinking and it can be boon as well as a bane.
Take for instance thinking about the EDM event gets you excited and happy but thinking about your upcoming college event makes you nauseous. That is because it all depends on how we handle ourselves. If we have put in efforts then surely the results are going to turn out well. It is important to imagine the results to be positive and even if it turns out bad you should identify your error and try once again.
4. Analyse yourself: take some time off from your phone and utilize the time in knowing yourself better. I’m sure you must have heard this saying, ‘people change’ and so do you my friend. You may not be aware of the recent management skill you picked up at the summer camp or the confidence to face a crowd when you gave self-introduction without fumbling. We may not go ‘Eureka’ over it hence it is important to analyse yourself and identify your interests and capabilities. This will help you in realizing your true passion and setting up objectives to look forward to.
5. Be zealous: I had mentioned it earlier as well that passion is represented as fire. It is because of the adamant nature to get it done. To attain the standard goals and to develop passion one needs to a powerhouse of zeal. Now by this, I don’t mean you have to do your tasks jumping and hopping. It refers to being full of energy and liveliness cause that will keep the fire in you lit up.
6. Overpowering: Do not let the passion for achieving something or even someone get the better off you. If you feel you are getting consumed by emotions like obsession and over possessiveness. Then, you might need to tame yourself. Do not let the negativity take a toll over you. To keep yourself grounded and calmly try listening to music, take a stroll down the park, and some time off from your prep schedule, and get yourself involved in a hobby.
It will normalise you and you can get refreshed for the upcoming tasks. A point to be taken note of is, do not stress over the outcome and just maintain your cool throughout. Remember, neither one sheet of paper can decide your future nor one failure can stop you from being successful. Hold the right attitude and just move forward, cause my dear, glancing behind will just give you a strain in the neck (pun intended).
7.Happiness is the ultimate goal: This point is not as complicated as it seems. We have the acquaintance about how to develop a passion for life but we need to realise that if we are not happy then it is worthless. The basic requirement of the soul and mind is happiness. Therefore, it is of utmost importance that we undertake a passion that involves happiness. Do not do something because it has been your family legacy or because somebody visualises you to be that way.
But, feed on to your true passion because that is what is going to make you content and happy for the rest of your life. From this, we can draw a conclusion that “passion’’ can help us climb the ladder of success. Nonetheless, it can also push us down the hillock. I’ll sum this up by saying ‘passion’ can be developed by doing what one loves always cause it automatically keeps one motivated to convert the standard sets into actual results. The intriguing part is one will never get bored to do what they are passionate about because they love doing it.
It is never too late to chase your passion. Here’s what you need to know to chase your passion when you are older.
You can visit my Facebook page where you can find all my videos and I update it regularly:https://www.facebook.com/betterworldsjp/videos/?ref=page_internal
You can also connect to me through my professional network on Linkedinhttps://www.linkedin.com/in/sjpurohit/
You can connect to me through my Instagram page: https://www.instagram.com/purohit.sudarshan/
If you want to know about your strengths and weaknesses then you can get your DMIT test done. If you want your DMIT test to be done then you can contact here: https://sudarshanpurohit.com/dmit-test-in-bangalore/