How to motivate kids in sports?
“I have two doctors, my left leg and right” very well said that our legs are our only doctors which will help us to live a healthy life ahead.
“an apple a day keeps a doctor away” yes, it does but if you are locked in a room and not doing any physical work there then what is its use?
yes, it makes sense that for living a healthy life we need to maintain our body by physical exercise, like jogging, outdoor games, etc. but nowadays we never see anyone in the park, no kid goes out to play hide and seek, badminton, cricket, etc. this is one of the reasons for gaining so much fat and being lazy all the time.
Children are getting heart attacks at a very young age due to excess fat. This is not their fault because they do what they see. If their parents aren’t taking them to the park and worse giving them computer games, video games then it is quite natural that they won’t be interested to go out and sweat their bodies.
You need to keep your kids active, if they are active then it is beneficial for them, Now a days schools also demand a good fitness report. Just climbing a slide and swinging on a monkey bar will not keep your kid healthy. These are for temporary purposes and will not help them throughout their life. Kids must play outdoor games and make them their hobbies. Parents need to develop a love for physical activity in their kids as they are close to them and only they can help their child to enjoy all these activities.
Now before we look into how to motivate kids in sports let’s talk about the benefits of being active, fit, and healthy:
- Physical activities keep our muscles and bones strong, kids will never have to face any muscle pain which is so common and everybody gets it easily.
- According to BMI, many kids aren’t fit today, as some don’t have a perfect weight and some don’t have a perfect height which is a major problem as they are accumulating access fat day by day, which is affecting their body structure too. Exercise and physical activity will be able to help them in maintaining proper body structure.
- If kids will do some physical work then they will get tired and sleep well. Good sleep directly have a positive impact on brain functioning.
- Diabetes is a very common disease in kids nowadays. Exercise and physical activities will help in controlling diabetes which would lead to healthy and long life.
- When we do physical work it changes our outcome of life we think about things differently and it gives us a lot of positive energy. It helps us to stay focus and motivated and keeps all the negative thoughts away. When you go for a walk we feel so fresh and energetic all day long.
- Exercise and physical activities help us to increase our willpower. It also helps in improving concentration and focus. “to maintain good health is our duty…otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear.”
Now when there are so many benefits of playing sports then how to motivate kids in sports?
- How to motivate kids in sports: Kids are always looking for fun activities and they get bored very easily. The first thing which we need to do is to figure out the sports which they are interested in and that can only be done by trial and error. It can be more than one sport. We have to make sure that the activities should be age-appropriate then only they will enjoy them.
- The next step would be to buy them that equipment and signing them up for a sports academy or sports day in school. Yoga and swimming are the two most important sports in which everyone needs to learn and actively participate. One must know riding a bicycle also as it is a basic necessity.
- Now to keep them motivated we must visit with them to their sports center and if possible play with them. We must also discuss their game daily and make them watch the professional on television or computer. These all activities will motivate them to play more. Once we go deep into anything we start liking it. This is what we need to do for our kids, go deep in every sport.
- If we as parents are interested in sports then our kids will automatically get interested. As all kids learn from their parents first and their source of motivation is also their parents. If you understand the concept of fitness then you will be able to find the right activities for them.
- Now some kids want to pursue excellence in sports, while others are just fine with their perfectly fit body. This is perfectly fine. Everyone must be free to choose their career it’s just that while pursuing any career they must focus on their health and for that, they must regularly play some sports.
- We must teach discipline to our kids and help them to make a proper routine. Fitness isn’t something which they will get on their own it requires hard work. With a proper routine, they will be able to devote time to sports and will be able to maintain their health well. It will help them to keep the doctor away.
- Help them to follow a proper diet: “when it comes to eating right and exercising, there is no tomorrow.’ Tomorrow is a disease.” We must help our kids to follow a proper diet which is required to keep them healthy and a proper diet also motivate kids to play more. Some food items make people lazy and some food items make us energetic. We must help our kids to choose the right food item in their diet which would help them to motivate to play sports.
To develop a good attitude in yourself you can read one famous book by John Maxwell “winning with people” you can buy that book at Winning with people
After reading how to motivate kids in sports you can read : https://sudarshanpurohit.com/how-to-be-a-good-father/
I have a YouTube Channel also and you can subscribe it through : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYGdbB_F0qii4Zo_rn-rCyg/videos?view_as=subscriber. We can discuss how to motivate kids in sports.
You can visit my Facebook page here you can find all my videos and i update them regularly : https://www.facebook.com/pg/betterworldsjp/videos/?ref=page_internal. We can discuss how to motivate kids in sports.
You can connect me through my professional network on linkedin also here is the link :https://www.linkedin.com/in/sjpurohit/. We can discuss how to motivate kids in sports.
You can connect me through my instagram page : https://www.instagram.com/purohit.sudarshan/. We can discuss how to motivate kids in sports.
Apply these tricks and i am sure you will get the answer of how to motivate kids in sports. All the great individuals like Yuvraj Singh, Serena Williams have very supportive parents and that is why they had done great with their life. If we want our kid to be star then we have to put efforts on making that happen.