Qualities of Novak Djokovic:
Novak Djokovic has won his 4th Wimbledon July 15th, 2018, and his 17th grand slam overall. This is an amazing feat considering the quality of the opposition he had. People had written him off for the last 2 years. What makes him a true champion is how he has bounced back in-spite of his critics.
He made history by winning the 2016 French Open and became the first person since Rod Laver to hold four grand slams at the same time. That was an amazing feat. Considering that superstars like Federer, Nadal, Sampras, and Agassi have not been able to do that this is beyond comprehension and a testament to the champion in Novak.
I remember watching him in the 2007 US Open Final against Federer which he lost and thought this guy has a lot of talent but does he have the heart to survive the onslaught from Federer and Nadal? Well, he has proved beyond doubt what it takes to be a champion. You can connect me through my professional network on LinkedIn also here is the link:https://www.linkedin.com/in/sjpurohit/
Here is the list of some best qualities of Novak Djokovic :
1. Not to lose hope in the field: His amazing victory over Federer in a US Open Semifinal where he came back from match point down to win was nothing short of sensational. In fact, Federer said after the match that he would never have hit that shot if he was match point down. Well, that’s what makes Novak Djokovic special. He gives his best when the chips are down which is the true hallmark of a champion. I would say he has braved the wilderness in the last 2 years and come back strong.
So this teaches us that never lose hope when the conditions are not good. Fight against it and achieve your goal.
2. He is an optimistic guy: Of course, if you are going to go against the best you have to be optimistic about your abilities. Imagine meeting Federer when he was at his peak but think about facing Nadal at the same time. This would be insurmountable for most people but not Novak Djokovic. He just kept getting better and put so much effort into conditioning it’s not funny. Champions do what the rest of the population won’t do to achieve what they want.
So this teaches us that Believe in your talent and showcase your best self at all times. Do whatever you need to be the best in whatever you do.
You can adopt this quality in your life by following these steps:
1. Get optimistic support from the world around you.
2. Ask yourself the questions that let you see the optimistic viewpoint.
3. Start your day in the optimistic creating way: The way you start your day often sets the tone for the rest of it.
4. A workout early in your day leads to more energy throughout the day.
3. Victory: Novak Djokovic is one person who believes in victory at all costs but when he does lose he exhibits a cool exterior. He obviously wants to make history and despite failing in numerous French open campaigns in the past he didn’t give up on his 2016 campaign. Victory at all costs is his motto and victory whenever the chips are down is his example. He perseveres all the time and obviously ignores the critics. This came at an opportune moment for him and could be the second wind he needed for his career.
So this teaches us that begins with the end in mind and plan for ultimate victory.
4. Attitude: Even all champions lose and I think Novak Djokovic has lost a lot of Grand Slam finals. He could have easily sulked but he didn’t do that and kept proceeding in the direction of his goals. I can’t imagine how you would feel when you lose many grand slam finals. We would easily think maybe this is not meant for us but not Novak Djokovic. See champions don’t relate things and think that if I lose here it’s not meant for me. That is the key lesson we need to learn. Nothing is related to anything but it is the meaning that we give that event that makes all the difference. Of course, it is the attitude that matters.
To develop a good attitude in yourself you can read one famous book by John Maxwell “winning with people” you can buy that book at Winning with people
So this teaches us that you will always get another chance if you have the right attitude.
5. Be cool in every situation: What I mean by this he doesn’t always have crowd support. Remember the times in the US Open when he was booed many times but he never let that distract from his final victories. He kept a cool head and came through all criticism and the rest is history. Yes, he has lost his cool at times but I think in the larger scheme of things he has maintained a calm demeanor which has helped him achieve the pinnacle in a sport where the only thing that matters is the next victory.
So this teaches us that be cool in the midst of the storm. Another blog which you can read to become cool is: https://sudarshanpurohit.com/overcoming-fear-of-failure/
You can adopt this quality in your day to day life by following these steps:
1. Do not react immediately in any situation. However, be patient and collect as much information as possible.
2. Whenever the stressful situation occurred, your mind may go in a thousand directions and some of your thoughts may be negative. In these situations do not panic face them bravely.
You can visit my Facebook page where you can find all my videos and I update it regularly: https://www.facebook.com/pg/betterworldsjp/videos/?ref=page_internal
You can connect me through my Instagram page: https://www.instagram.com/purohit.sudarshan/
There you have it the 5 qualities that make Novak Djokovic the champion that he is. He is probably got some more grand slams in him and hopes we see this champion for a number of years to come.
In the end, I would like to say that never lose hope because One has to keep getting closer to those goals, amidst all the inevitable twists and turns of life. Hope allows people to approach problems with a mindset and strategy-set suitable for success, thereby increasing the chances they will actually accomplish their goals. You can maintain hope by focusing on progress, work with others to achieve something positive.
I have a YouTube Channel also where I post all the video which can help you to grow yourself: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYGdbB_F0qii4Zo_rn-rCyg/videos?view_as=subscriber