Qualities of Roger Federer:
Roger Federer is indisputably the greatest player of all-time in men’s tennis. His record of winning 20 Grand Slams is unlikely to be ever broken. More importantly, most of the fellow greats of tennis have lauded him to be the greatest tennis player of all time.
Roger Federer has won 8 Wimbledons, 6 Australian Opens, 5 US Opens, and a solitary French Open title. He has won more Wimbledon titles than any other player in the history of tennis. Therefore, it is quite evident that grass is his most preferred playing surface.
Quite naturally, clay is Roger Federer’s least favored surface and he has managed to win only one title at the Roland Garros. However, a tennis player’s true quality is judged by his performances on hard courts, and Roger Federer has won 11 majors on them. This exceptional record is the surest proof of his greatness.
The 36-year-old Roger Federer is into his 20th year in the tennis circuit and has won 97 singles titles overall. He has also won a whopping 82% of the matches he has played in his career. Those stats are mind-boggling, but one has to delve deeper into his game to understand what made him stand head and shoulders above his opponents.
So here is the list of qualities of Roger Federer which help him to become the greatest tennis player:
1. Quality of serving at crucial moments: Roger Federer is not a big server like Goran Ivanisevic or John Isner, nor does he possess a serve as perfect as Pete Sampras’s either. He has the ability to elevate the quality of his services according to the demand of the situation.
An example could be the match against Marin Cilic in the Final of the Australian Open 2018. In the 4th set, Cilic broke Roger Federer’s serve twice to win the set and make it 2-2. Roger Federer’s first-serve percentage dropped to a meager 36% in the 4th set. However, in the 5th set, Roger Federer took his service to another level and did not give Cilic the slightest chance of causing a break. His first-serve percentage rose to 61% in the 5th set. As a result, he comfortably took the set and won the match.
2. Changing his game according to the conditions: Roger Federer is not a big server like Goran Ivanisevic or John Isner, nor does he possess a serve as perfect as Pete Sampras’s either. He has the ability to elevate the quality of his services according to the demand of the situation.
An example could be the match against Marin Cilic in the Final of the Australian Open 2018. In the 4th set, Cilic broke Federer’s serve twice to win the set and make it 2-2. Roger Federer’s first-serve percentage dropped to a meager 36% in the 4th set. However, in the 5th set, Roger Federer took his service to another level and did not give Cilic the slightest chance of causing a break. His first-serve percentage rose to 61% in the 5th set. As a result, he comfortably took the set and won the match.
If you want to become successful in life-changing your behavior according to the situation and person is a must. I have a YouTube Channel also where I post a lot of videos to improve our behavior you can check it out: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYGdbB_F0qii4Zo_rn-rCyg/videos?view_as=subscriber
In this world, not all people are talented, skilled, or brilliant. People who are lacking these qualities have to definitely be extra flexible (to situations/ people) and mold themselves to suit the needs, even if it means compromising on some principles and values. Then only they can be successful in life.
On the other hand, there are also talented, skilled, and brilliant people, who are not flexible enough (either because of their ego/self-pride, or on account of their principles and values) to change their behavior according to the situation or persons they deal with.
3. Stay cool in every situation: Like all great champions, Roger Federer has the ability to absorb pressure and stay unmoved. He does not ooze intensity like Nadal, neither is he as mechanical in his approach as Djokovic. Roger Federer is genial and unassuming and that is why he is able to relax and unwind at times.
This is also the reason why he has been able to maintain his winning streak at the age of 36. His ability to stay unaffected is the secret of his longevity as a player.
Roger Federer has had troughs in his career and gone through spells during which even his staunchest admirers started doubting his abilities. However, he has been able to bounce back from those lean patches. His cool demeanor helped him immensely in doing that.
You can adopt this quality in your day to day life by following these steps:
1. Do not react immediately in any situation. However, be patient and collect as much information as possible.
2. Whenever the stressful situation occurred, your mind may go in a thousand directions and some of your thoughts may be negative. In these situations do not panic face them bravely.
To develop a good attitude in yourself you can read one famous book by John Maxwell “winning with people” you can buy that book at Winning with people
4. Having the greatest forehand of all time: Roger Federer unquestionably boasts of the greatest forehand ever seen in men’s tennis. His forehands are not as powerful as those of somebody like Juan Martin Del Potro, nor are they full of vicious top-spin like those of Rafael Nadal, but they are second to none in terms of effectiveness and sheer beauty. Pete Sampras has rightly termed Roger Federer’s forehand as the best shot in tennis in the last 10 years.
Roger Federer caresses the ball like an artist and subsequently, the court gets painted with immaculate strokes. He can also alter the speed and trajectory of his strokes, thereby making things even more difficult for his opponents.
He outplayed Rafael Nadal in the final of the 2017 Australian Open with the help of his outstanding forehands. Roger Federer hit a very impressive 53 groundstroke winners in that match and most of them came through his fearsome forehand. Another blog which you can read to develop a great attitude is: https://sudarshanpurohit.com/overcoming-fear-of-failure/
5. Having very minute weakness: Roger Federer has no major weakness in his game. There is almost nothing that he cannot do on a tennis court. Almost all other tennis greats have their share of weaknesses. For example, Rafael Nadal is not very comfortable going to the net, Novak Djokovic does not have very good drop shots, and Pete Sampras could not control the game from the baseline. However, Roger Federer is comfortable doing all the above things and more.
Roger Federer has won almost 89% of the service games in his career which is only a tad behind Ivo Karlovic’s all-time record of 92%, whereas, his record of winning almost 27% of his return games is not far behind Guillermo Coria’s all-time record of 35%. Those figures show the completeness of Roger Federer’s game.
Moreover, Federer has won more than 75% of the matches he has played on clay, his least favorite surface. He has also won 83% of his matches played on hard courts and 87% of the ones played on grass. No other tennis player can boast of such consistency across different surfaces. Roger Federer could achieve this consistency because his game is devoid of any major weakness.
You can visit my Facebook page where you can find all my videos and I update it regularly: https://www.facebook.com/pg/betterworldsjp/videos/?ref=page_internal
You can connect me through my Instagram page: https://www.instagram.com/purohit.sudarshan/
In this article, we see that with the help of these life-changing qualities of Roger Federer becomes the world’s greatest player of tennis ever. So this is the lesson for us that hard work and true dedication towards your work will definitely help you to become the best in your respective fields. If you want to connect me through my professional network on LinkedIn also here is the link:https://www.linkedin.com/in/sjpurohit/
After reading the qualities of Roger Federer I am sure you would want to read the qualities of Rafael Nadal: https://sudarshanpurohit.com/qualities-of-king-of-clay-rafael-nadal/
If you want to add any qualities of Roger Federer then send it via comment.
If you want to know your natural capabilities which mean what are your strength and weaknesses and in which field you will naturally perform better then you can get you DMIT test done. If you want your DMIT test to be done then you can contact here: https://sudarshanpurohit.com/dmit-test-in-bangalore/