A positive spirit – The way to a greater personality.
“Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow”
Positivity isn’t always about cheering over smalls things in our life, sometimes it’s about having good thoughts and refreshing your mind with positivity. To throw away all the negative thoughts and to focus on just one great thing and a tendency to focus on all the good things that are coming into your life.
Well, we are talking about positivity, positive mindset but what exactly is it? Positive thinking is the mental and emotional attitude that focuses on the bright side of life and expects a positive result. And a well said definition given by Kendra Chelly is that “positive thinking actually means approaching life challenges with a positive outlook. It does not necessarily mean avoiding or ignoring the bad thing. Instead, it involves making the most of the potentially bad situations, trying to see the best in other people and viewing you and yourself in a positive light”.
Here’s what you need to know about how to be a team player.
So, some traits and characteristics associated with a positive mindset, include:
1. Optimism: Optimism is the willingness to make an effort and take a chance instead of assuming your efforts won’t pay off. A person should always be optimistic, because being optimistic means being hopeful for better things in the future. Being hopeful is the most positive thought a person can have. Hope gives people the motivation needed to get through a difficult time or situation.
2. Acceptance: Sometimes things don’t turn out as you want them to, but
learning from your mistakes is what is needed to be done. Accepting your shortcoming and learning from the mistakes committed will prepare us better for the challenges that lie ahead of us.
Here’s how you can develop a winning attitude.
3. Resilience: Bouncing back from adversity, disappointment, and failure instead of giving up every time, time to face new challenges and accept things better. Being resilient is one of the strongest characters a person can have. Being resilient also helps build a person’s personality and helps them overcome whatever challenge life throws at them.
4. Gratitude: Actively, appreciating the good things in your life and trying to accept them everything just as it is. Gratitude is also one of the most important emotions that a person can feel. A person who has gratitude is humble and always content with what they have. Being grateful teaches us how to appreciate others and also helps build emotional intelligence.
Here’s what you need to do to develop humility.
5. Mindfulness: Dedicating the mind to conscious awareness and enhancing the ability to focus on the good things in life is called being mindful. A mindful person is always humble and optimistic. Being aware of things around you is an important part of being mindful. Knowing what to say, when to say it and being aware of how to be respectful to others is also an important part of being mindful.
6. Integrity: The trait of being honest, righteous and straightforward instead of deceiving and self-serving is called having integrity. Having the courage to accept your mistakes and not blame others is also an important aspect of having integrity. You don’t need to bow down in front of people without any reason. Integrity helps build a person’s character as well as personality.
Here’s what you need to do to be courageous.
7. Self-care: Treating yourself to a day of self-care amidst all the chaos can be quite relaxing. It is very important to take care of yourself. It can be tiring both physically and emotionally, having to work a full-time job. Some self-care like having a spa day or having a nice bubble-bath or treating yourself to a glass of wine is a must to maintain the balance of life.
8. Start every day strong: It is important to reinforce positive feelings from the time you wake up, so that it becomes a habit and thus helps you start your day off motivated and pumped. Waking up a little earlier reduces the stress that would be present if you got up late. Waking up in the morning and willing yourself to focus on the brighter aspects of life will have a strong influence on how you spend your day.
9. Avoid spreading gossip: It is very important to avoid spreading gossip, as it is a side effect of feeling jealous. When you spread gossip, subconsciously you are letting negative emotions take control of your actions. Spreading gossip will also ruin your reputation as an honest person, making it more difficult to live positively.
10. Crack jokes: Cracking jokes have a positive effect on your psyche. It allows you to get rid of the negative emotions and allows you to concentrate on positive emotions. Cracking jokes also releases dopamine (the happy hormone) and this is a natural hormone released in your brain to make you feel happier.
11. Take breaks: When a person gets sucked into a routine, it is very difficult to remain positive. This is when a person needs to take breaks. Researches show that a person who takes breaks at regular intervals is more productive than a person who doesn’t take breaks at all. A break usually re-energizes you and fills you up with motivation for the future.
12. Have something to look forward to: Having something to look forward to after a day of work is an emotional upper. This allows that person to be happy in spite of being tired. Doing this on a regular basis will definitely make you a more positive person.
13. Meditation: Meditation is one of the most effective ways to be a more positive person in life. Meditating and simultaneous rhythmic breathing is almost therapeutic and will bring out the best in you. A person who meditates will find it easier to have a positive perspective.
14. Focus on long-term: Focus on long-term happiness, instead of short-term happiness. Focusing on long term happiness will allow us to get our perspectives in order. Focusing on short-term happiness will only give you momentary respite. Focusing on the long-term objectives will make us realize how far we have come and will show us the effort needed to achieve our target. A person who focuses on the long-term is always optimistic and will always have a positive mindset.
15. Music: The right music will soothe even the hardest of souls. Listening to the right kind of music for the correct emotion will help us become a more positive person. For example, a person who listens to death metal will have a similar mindset to the music of his choice, whereas a person who listens to The Beatles, will always have a smile on their face.
Positivity, as I have mentioned that is key to success but the question which comes here is why. Why is it so important to have a positive mindset? Well, the above key points give you all a hint about how they can be so helpful, well acceptance, activism will transform your life from an ‘ordinary life’ to a ‘good life’. Your awareness and integrity also are linked to the quality of life.
Developing the right thoughts is important, and your positive mindset clearly depicts how you cultivate your thoughts. Being positive isn’t about being happy every time, well no one can always have a big fat smile on their faces but right thoughts is about controlling the bad and good situation with an open mind and learn to deal with them. No one can ignore bad days in their life but maintaining the balance between the two is important, and above everything, this is about how you can control your mood. No matter what happens, you cannot control what pops up in your head, but you can control how you react to it and handle the thought.
When you choose to give in to the negativity and allow the gloomy view of the world to enter your life, you are not only allowing unhappiness to come into your life, you are missing out on an opportunity for growth and development. Positive thinking, mindset helps to have better heart health, an active and curious mind, increased productivity at work, overcoming obstacles become easier, better relationship and social life, better recovery process and it will give you millions of reasons to smile and be happy in your life, to ignore all those bad days which try to steal your limelight.
Your attitude works as a building block of your achievements and experiences. If you accept challenges while believing in yourself, you will have a lot more success than someone who tries to avoid it. If you treat people positively then, you will be able to build happy and fulfilling relationships, your general health will keep your fears and emotions in control and try to focus on better outcomes, as long as you are surrounded with a positive attitude, you can always recover any situation and pursue any
“In order to have a positive action, we must develop here a positive vision”
You can visit my Facebook page where you can find all my videos and I update them regularly:https://www.facebook.com/betterworldsjp/videos/?ref=page_internal
You can also connect to me through my professional network on Linkedinhttps://www.linkedin.com/in/sjpurohit/
You can connect to me through my Instagram page: https://www.instagram.com/purohit.sudarshan/
If you want to know about your strengths and weaknesses then you can get your DMIT test done. If you want your DMIT test to be done then you can contact here: https://sudarshanpurohit.com/dmit-test-in-bangalore/