Most of us want to take revenge on the person who has done wrong with us very few are actually unaffected by criticism and always respond positively. If you want to learn how can we be composed even when we face criticism, negativity, and accusation then read this article.
If someone says something negative or does something wrong with us then naturally we want to take revenge. Biologically we have a negative neuron for someone’s wrong saying and wrongdoing and that negative thought gets mixed with our energy and we become negative. So we want to react equally negatively or even worse than what other has done to us. Very few are able to keep themselves positive and treat others better than they treated them.
Now if we react worse than what other has treated us then damage the relationship and repel others from us!!! If we react the same way they treated us then we neither drive them away and nor attract them to. If we treat others as they have treated us then our behavior becomes dependent on other person behavior. Actually, in this situation, other people set the agenda for our lives because if they behave positively we are positive if they behave negatively we are negative. Our happiness and sadness depend on another person.
When we treat others better than they treat us then we create positive relationships and attract other people. When we do this then we are not affected by negative people and go in the direction which we want to go without being impacted by other people !!!
Obviously when we are able to keep our self positive and treat others better than they have treated us then we will have a better relationship with others, we will attract other people, we will have higher success in life as we will be able to execute what we want.
Now I will explain to you how can we change ourselves so that we will start treating others better than they have treated us. 5 ways to learn to respond positively:
1. We must always have one positive thought in mind which is it does not activate its response which makes the difference or “it’s not what happens to you but what happens in you really matters”. Whenever someone sends negative energy if we can say this positive thought to our self then we will be able to keep ourselves positive.
We have to make a decision that we have to think only positive thoughts and even if some is sending negative energy we don’t have to react negatively because our reaction is in our control and that we will always respond positively.
David Brinkley said “a successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with bricks other have thrown at him” we can use other people negative thought as our test to check whether we are able to keep us positive all the time or not !!!
2. We must repeat this positive statement more often so that 9 out of 10 times we must be able to respond positively !!! I am sure 3-4 times out of 10 anyway we will be reacting positively but most of the time if we respond positively then we will create momentum. this becomes our habit and behavior. Other people will start noticing it and that creates a momentum of positivism around us. This positive environment helps us to have great relationships everywhere and huge success at work!!
3. We have to understand that we all are human and we all have negative neurons in our minds and because of that no one is perfect !!!
When we have this thought in our mind then whenever someone reacts negatively we tend to forgive them because we understand that getting negative is a very common phenomenon of human beings!!! When we understand that we also do mistakes much time and consider ourselves as work in progress toward improving our self then it will be easy for us to accept other person mistakes and we will be able to think that other people also are growing themselves.
4. Many times a thought comes in our mind that if we will always respond positively and treat other better then they treated us then other people will not respect us or other will look superior then us or we will look like a weak individual.
Actually choosing to respond positively is a higher mindset. One who can respond positively in a negative situation is no doubt better mentally than others who react negatively. This most of us don’t understand because most of the people around us are negative !!! But you see all successful people know very well what it means to be positive in a negative situation. Lower mindset people may tell you that you are weak or he disrespected you or he is superior to you but wise people will always admire your revert!!!
To respond positively we have to work on our logical mind to make strong neurons and that is not being a victim of a negative situation it is just that we have chosen to serve another well by reacting positively.
5. One most common thought comes in our mind than most of the people around us are not treating other better than other have treated them, then why I must put so much effort to grow myself. One common trait of all successful individuals is that they make excellence their goal. People at the top always try to grow themselves every day.
They follow the following thoughts:
Care more than other think wise
Risk more than other think is safe
Dream more than other think is practical
Expect more than other think is possible
Work more than other think is necessary !!!
When we think that we have to be perfect then when others treat us badly we forgive them easily by thinking that we have to be perfect whatever the situation is. Another person can be shaken up by negativity but as I want to be perfect I can’t afford to lose my temper !!!
When we treat others better than they treated us most of the time it means that we have very good control over our thought. We can keep our self positive in most of the situation this helps us to remain happy most of the time which have a direct impact on health. We will have a great relationship with others as we always treat them better. We see more success financially because we can take better decisions by thinking positively so overall we are able to bring out the best of ourselves !!!
Just not we are able to bring the best from ourselves, we bring out the best from others also. When someone else is negative by speaking positive statements we can make them come out of negativity which will help them also perform better in life.
So guys work on improving themselves so that you are able to treat others better than they treated you.
To make you understand let say your parents or spouse scold you. Now one obvious response is you start speaking to them harshly and end up fighting. Another response would be that you understand that they have become negative as they could not control themselves and as it’s not the action it’s the response that will make the difference so I would respond positively. Then you have given smile and help them to cool down. Either you have used positive statements to handle the situation or didn’t respond at all in that time as you didn’t find that appropriate.
By doing this you will not be seen as weak you are stronger because you could control yourself. And you do that regularly in your family even if others around you are not following it because you want to make yourself perfect. Actually, the good part is by seeing your positive behavior other people will automatically become positive.
So to summarize we have to practice 5 things:
- Think of a good positive statement that you can use when other people treat you badly.
- Use this positive statement again and again so that it becomes your behavior.
- Develop an understanding that getting negative is very common and everyone has to work on themselves to make positive neurons.
- As we are treating others in a positive manner it does not mean that we are weak it actually means that we are strong mentally.
- As we want to be perfect, I will treat all people better than they treated me even if other people are not following this.
Guy get this change in yourself and you will be highly successful, happy, healthy, and will have a great relationship with everyone.
To develop a good attitude in yourself you can read one famous book by John Maxwell “winning with people” you can buy that book at Winning with people
Another blog which you can read: https://sudarshanpurohit.com/overcoming-fear-of-failure/
I have a YouTube Channel also and you can subscribe to it through: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYGdbB_F0qii4Zo_rn-rCyg/videos?view_as=subscriber. We can discuss in detail how to always respond positively.
You can visit my Facebook page where you can find all my videos and I update it regularly: https://www.facebook.com/pg/betterworldsjp/videos/?ref=page_internal. We can discuss in detail how to always respond positively.
You can connect me through my professional network on LinkedIn also here is the link:https://www.linkedin.com/in/sjpurohit/. We can discuss in detail how to always respond positively.
You can connect me through my Instagram page: https://www.instagram.com/purohit.sudarshan/. We can discuss in detail how to always respond positively.