How to make a child interested in studying
A parent’s greatest fear is that their child won’t be good at studies. In this day and age, where there is a lot of competition at each and every stage, a child not being good at studies is a nightmare. Everyone expects their child to be successful and become an engineer or a doctor, but no one really asks the child what he really wants.
A child will not always know what they want to be or what profession they want to enter. Even at the age of 18-20, there is no written rule that a child has to know what profession he/she might want to take up. If they are not sure, the important thing is to not pressurize them. Give them some time, let them grow into their future selves and then they will know for sure what they want to do and how they want to do it.
It is also important to understand that some kids are not good at studies, and pressurizing them for not doing something they are not good at might to send them into depression.
If your child’s understanding and reasoning are good and he/she still doesn’t get good marks, it is important for parents to understand why they aren’t scoring well and to guide them through tough times instead of being hard on them.
After knowing how to make a child interested in studying, you should also know how to teach them to be focused. Here’s everything you need to know.
What is the need for scoring good grades?
In our modern education system, grades signify progress. Every class a student passes, they get graded for it. There is a minimum requirement the student has to meet to progress into the next class. Since everyone in the world follows this system, it is important to score good grades.
Good grades don’t always mean success, but bad grades don’t mean failure either. Bad grades give the student and parents a chance to reflect upon the child’s progress and giving the parent’s an idea of what the child is good at and what it is not.
Good grades are also a pre-requisite to get into the desired course in a good college. A good college education will always be an advantage and the only way to get one is to get good grades.
We must also understand that bad grades don’t mean that the child is useless. The child might be athletic, creative, diplomatic. Grades don’t confirm the success or failure of a child.
Along with knowing how to make a child interested in studying, you should also know how to motivate your kids. Here’s everything you need to know.
There is always a reason why kids don’t want to study and here are some major reasons:
1. Sometimes a child just can’t get a grip on a few subjects. For some Mathematics is the hardest, but for some, it may be English. Every child learns at its own pace and sometimes the child can’t keep up with the speed at which the portions are being covered at school.
When this happens, it is important for the parents to try to understand why their ward is not grasping concepts of a certain subject. Parents should interact with their child’s teachers quite often and always find time for their wards.
Some children understand by visual data, some by audio, and some by practical exposure. A DMIT test tells us exactly how the best way for a child to study, thus enables the child to explore his full potential.
If you want to know about your child’s strengths and weaknesses then you can get his/her DMIT test done. If you want the DMIT test to be done then you can contact here: https://sudarshanpurohit.com/dmit-test-in-bangalore/
2. Some children don’t get good grades because of the pace at which everything is thought in school. They just haven’t grasped what the teacher is trying to teach them and thus end up with bad grades.
When this happens, the parents have to put in some extra effort and try to help the child understand the topic at hand. The child needs to put in more time and effort into what it is not good at and might also have to get tutored for the subject.
Along with knowing how to make a child interested in studying, we have to motivate them to try their hands at sports as well. Here’s everything you need to know for it.
3. Some kids are very sharp and they understand every topic quickly but some are slow learners and need time to learn it, understand it, for those kids, parents should help them revise their lessons again and try to help them where they are lacking.
4. When a child hasn’t put in the required effort, it is important to let them know that they have done something wrong and that it is not ok for them to get complacent. When a child gets punished, it knows it has to live up to a certain standard and will strive to be better.
If there is any person around that stops you from punishing your child, the child will think that it is doing everything right and will not take you seriously when a much more serious situation arises.
5. If the child is surrounded by parents who fight every day, this will have adverse effects on the child. The constant bickering between two people he loves the most will send the child into depression. These unpleasant memories stop the child from exploring its true potential, because of the low self-esteem the child builds for itself.
Along with knowing how to make a child interested in studying, it is important to teach them how to overcome the fear of exams. Here’s everything you need to know for it.
6. It is also the parent’s responsibility that the child’s courage is crushed by the pressure. Spurring your kid on to do good and putting pressure on your kid has a fine line, and it is important for the parents to know where to draw the line.
You pressurizing your child will not encourage your child onto greatness, but it will make him wonder what if he fails, and by doing so the child stops himself from being positive and getting good grades. The thought of not living up to the parents terrifies the child and because of this constant thought, he will not be able to get good grades.
Along with knowing how to make a child interested in studying, it is important for parents to develop a winning mindset in them. Here’s everything you need to know for it.
7. Bad company can have disastrous consequences for a child. A parent’s responsibility is to make sure the child is moving around with good friends who have the best of interests for your child.
Spying on them is not a good way to be around your kid. Instead, be a friend to them. Be so close to them that they won’t hesitate to tell you anything happening in their friend circle.
If you want your child to have a great attitude and a positive mindset then you can also make them read a book by a famous writer “John Maxwell” which is “Winning with People”. You can buy that book at Winning with people
8. Positive re-enforcement is perhaps the most effective way to build a child’s character. Appreciating the efforts a child has put in to get to where he is very motivating for them. The child because it is being appreciated so much, will put more effort into achieving better results than before.
If your child gets 85%, and you say next time aim for 95%, chances are the child is getting discouraged. Positive re-enforcement will appreciate the effort the child has put in and the appreciation will motivate him to be and do better.
9. A lot of parents work day and night so that their children can live a lifestyle they didn’t. While doing so, the child doesn’t understand the value of the lifestyle he is leading, and not being around them also affects their mental health.
It is important for parents to take time from their busy schedules to be updated with their ward’s progress, and when the parents show interest, the child will strive to be better at it.
10. Depression is also a common reason for a child to not get good grades. A child may be depressed because of circumstances at home, bullying at school, or anything that will harm their conscience. The child will not be able to concentrate because of all the things running in its head.
It is important for parents to watch out for signs of depression and act immediately so that the mental health of their child can be recovered.
To help them:-
1. We need to trust them
2. Give them our support
3. Love them unconditionally
4. Stand by them
5. Create an environment for them
6. Parent well
A DMIT test is a blessing in disguise for parents who find it difficult to understand their child. To know more about the DMIT test and how it can benefit you, click here.
These are some of the few ways you can deal with a child who is underperforming.
“Success demands nothing but Hard Work”
After reading how to make a child interested in studying I am sure you would want to read how to overcome fear of failure in exam.
You can visit my Facebook page after reading how to care for your partner where you can find all my videos and I update it regularly: https://www.facebook.com/betterworldsjp/videos/?ref=page_internal
You can also connect to me through my professional network on Linkedin after reading how to care for your partner https://www.linkedin.com/in/sjpurohit/
You can connect to me through my Instagram page after reading how to care for your partner: https://www.instagram.com/purohit.sudarshan/
If you want to know about your strengths and weaknesses then you can get your DMIT test done. If you want your DMIT test to be done then you can contact here: https://sudarshanpurohit.com/dmit-test-in-bangalore/ If if want to know how to care for your partner you can get DMIT test done of yours and your partner.