HOW TO BUILD TRUST?
“The leaders who work most effectively, it seems to me, never says ‘I.’ and that’s not because they have trained themselves not to say ‘I.’ they don’t think ‘I.’ they think ‘we’; they think ‘team’. They understand their job to be to make the team function. They accept responsibility and not sidestep it, but ‘we’ gets the credit…. This is what creates trust, which enables you to get
the task done.”
― Peter Ducker
The most precious thing in this world is having trust or having faith in people. It is easy to build it but takes years to fix it again if it is broken. To keep your relationship healthy with anybody, trust plays a key role in it. People will start sharing their feeling and expressing their words to you if you be consistent or transparent to them and understand them in every possible way you can.
Always set high standards for yourself. Here’s how to do it.
It takes time for people to trust you, to open up completely to you, while this goes on be patient and don’t force them to trust you, let them see it for themselves and gain that faith on you by themselves. When you trust someone, you have faith in them that they will never betray you or never open up your secrets in front of other, so you also keep this in mind and maintain the trust people have on you.
It will be easy to gain someone’s trust but even your slight mistake may make them turn into complete stranger for you and not believe your feelings or what you say. Trust is the most important thing when you want to be close to people and also the same goes both ways. Be a faithful person to a lonely person, make them share their mind with you openly without any hesitation and always count you as a trustable ally.
People who smile are considered more trustworthy. Here’s how to do it.
People should always seek you as you are a loyal friend. Be frank with their feelings, when they are with you do not give them a choice to make them regret even a single thing in their life. Never make anyone feel that they counted on the wrong person.
1. Be honest to your people: Honesty plays a very big role in building up trust as it ensures the person that even if you fail to keep the promise you will just honestly tell him/her beforehand, the person can always count on you. For example: If a friend gave you something and by mistake you ruined it, it may not be much expensive or important for you, if you be honest about it and apologize, it is better for the relationship’s sake, if you tell him/her that you lost it.
Learn how to control your emotions, by clicking here.
2. Keep up your promises: Trust requires people to be confident enough to depend on you. If you make a promise and you fail to keep up, tell the concerned person the reason rather than just avoiding it. But, again doing this regularly will make him lose confidence in you. Never judge the importance of the promise you took from your perspective, you have to know that the promise is important to that person.
3. Be reliable: By being reliable, you will grow as a person. You have to be yourself and you have to do what you say, in order to gain the trust. Once the people start looking upon you as a guy who never skips or breaks your word that will be the foundation of your trust. Although, failing occasionally won’ t matter much but multiple failures can add up, so you need to be careful to choose the words you believe you can do.
4. Keep relations with heart and not your mind: Be genuine with your feelings and expressions with people, don’t promote relations from your side which are based on selfishness or played by mind, just be simple and earn people by your heart, have relations with them love genuinely.
5. Express your feelings as they are: When you want relations with people to be happy and healthy, just don’t keep your feelings in your heart, tell everything like it is and be transparent to your people. Saying your true feelings will be respected always even if it would have hurt the person.
6. Keep others secrets or feelings to yourself: When people share their stuff to you, they have much faith in you and it takes lot courage for them to open up to somebody with their feelings and sharing every bit of it, so keeping it up to you only is your responsibility.
7. Be loyal in any relationship you are in: Loyalty is very hard to find. If you have found a person who is loyal to you, there is nothing wrong in being fiercely loyal and genuine to your partner. Loyalty, genuineness and trust go hand in hand, and when you are in a loyal relationship, you will know the true value of trust and how fragile it is.
While looking for a life partner, trust is the most important thing. Here’s what you need to watch out for while looking for a life partner.
8. Be polite and loveable to anybody who trusts you: Just because somebody, has now shared their stuff with you, don’t make them feel that it was their biggest mistake to believe you and never taunt or judge them for that, you don’t have a clue how much courage they would have had to muster for them to talk about their feelings to you with complete assurance that you will never break it.
9. Be patient in waiting for someone to trust you: It takes time for people to trust you and share details of their life with you, let them take time, let them confess it on their own so that they feel the connection from you by heart and not just telling you things because you forced them to. Don’t hurry when you want a healthy relationship let them take time and have 100% faith in you.
10. Try helping people when you can: Sometimes people need somebody with whom they can share their heartfelt feelings and maybe heavy-hearted because of it, so they feel lonely but you have to stay with them ask them for their things and be polite and genuine to them, make them feel that they are not lonely for once and that they have you.
11. Never lie: If you ever did it admit it right away. Don’t cheat on a person who has clear trust in you, never lie to them. Present things as they are and never try to say things you don’t mean. If you have mistakenly or even intentionally ever lied to them, just straight away realize that and apologise to them, never give people the chance to do it for you. One lie might not break someone’s trust in you, but a habit of lying will become so bad that people won’t believe you even when you tell them the truth.
12. Be transparent: Be an open book to all the people close to you, trusting you. Never hide a single instance from them. so it will come to make things better at some point in life. When people trust you, let them also know everything about (what you are in reality, what you own and everything) you. Be transparent, it is the best thing. You can build up trust and keep healthy relationships as long as you are being frank with the other person and what your intentions are with them.
In this age, where people have the most trust issues, some people are always looking for ways to build trust. Whether it is friendship or a relationship. Trust is the one thing which is said to be the most fragile. As it takes much effort and time to build up trust and it shatters too easily. Even letting down a person once will result in them not trusting you ever again.
It is a beautiful word which keeps friendships, marriages or any other relationship in this world strong. it is a key and an important factor for any relationship. Every relation that a person has is built on trust. Once lost, it’ll be almost impossible to regain someone’s trust. Well, in easy language trust is an ability to predict what the other person will do for good. Once, the other person breaks the trust, it is very hard to build up that test again, because now this person has in mind the fear of getting betrayed again. It is always a given that once the trust is broken it is difficult to build up again.
You can visit my Facebook page where you can find all my videos and I update it regularly:https://www.facebook.com/betterworldsjp/videos/?ref=page_internal
You can also connect to me through my professional network on Linkedinhttps://www.linkedin.com/in/sjpurohit/
You can connect to me through my Instagram page: https://www.instagram.com/purohit.sudarshan/
If you want to know about your strengths and weaknesses then you can get your DMIT test done. If you want your DMIT test to be done then you can contact here: https://sudarshanpurohit.com/dmit-test-in-bangalore/