HOW TO GAIN PEOPLE’S TRUST?
Trust is the foundation of a healthy relationship. Without trust, you would have to do all the work yourself you will not be able to depend on others to get the work done. The first thing we must do when we build a relationship in any area is building trust. Enhancing trust in few relationships is a little tricky. There is a huge difference between when people trust you and when people don’t trust you.
HERE ARE SOME TECHNIQUES FOR BUILDING TRUST :
- Stick to your message and follow-through on something you have started:
The whole purpose to maintain trust with others is that they will be able to show faith on you when you tell them something. If you pledge to accomplish the duty for them, they should be eligible to deliver the duty over to you and not worry about it until it finished.
- Understand how to communicate with people: This is the most important factor on which a relationship is built. If you don’t disseminate information accurately in a well-mannered way, then this could also be a reason the relationship falls apart. Another important element for communication is to express clearly and sticking to it. If you can’t do it then don’t agree to it. One of the biggest reason for assertion between colleagues is the negligence to explain what has been decided and what is predicted from everyone. Once you know how to gain people’s trust, you can be a team player. Here’s what you should do to be a team player.
There won’t be ‘belief’ when you resist a tough conversation and expect everyone to understand. Belief comes when you have a tough conversation and after that everyone concerned will listen to you and give credit when it is due. Creating faith isn’t risk-free. It doesn’t occur by coincidence. It arrives as an outcome of lending another chance to ascertain themselves loyal and proving that one person can rely on one another.
3. It takes time to assemble and attain trust: Creating trust should be perceived as a day-to-day action. Concentrate on the subtle things. When you do a bunch of little things properly, the other person will show faith in you and assign you a better task.
When you successfully accomplish a number of tasks, then the person in context will trust you to do bigger and better things. Trust and obligation go hand in hand. When a person trusts you, you are obliged to hold up your end of the deal so that the trust in you is justified.
Always be clear about what your intentions are, and what the discussed details about the concerned task is. If you fail to do this, there is bound to be confusion regarding your deliverables.
A person who knows how to gain people’s trust understands the importance of smiling. Here’s what you should do to keep smiling.
Understand that if you want to gain someone’s trust, you have to put in the work required, and even after this, the person you are trying to win over is not obliged to trust you.
So, if creating trust in someone is a priority to you, you should assure them that you are doing everything that you can to be responsible and that you also have faith in them. Establish confidence in the relationship and you will usually get the faith in retrieval.
4. Take your time and think before agreeing to something. Only agree to something only when you are confident that you will complete the task you have undertaken. When you agree to something hastily, you stand the risk of not delivering your task and thus losing a person’s trust. It is alright to say ‘NO’ when someone asks you to do something. It is better to let a person down by saying no rather than agreeing to it and not delivering on your promise.
A person who knows how to gain people’s trust knows the importance of being a good listener. Here’s what you should do to be a good listener.
5. Don’t take a person’s trust for granted. It is important that a person should always hold people who trust them in high regard and to never let them down. We all have people who are close to us and trust us. If you take any of these relationships for granted, chances are it will end up with them losing faith on you.
If you hold a person’s trust in such high regard, they will respect you and will give you better opportunities to deliver more important things.
When you have already established faith in a relationship, you don’t have to prove your dedication anymore. There will be mutual respect and understanding between two people and this implies that the person trusts you. Even if a situation arises in the future where that person needs assistance, he will think about you first because of the previously established trust in the relationship.
To be a trustworthy person, you also have to be courageous. Here’s what you should do to be courageous.
6. Deal with your client generously and thank them for their business:
As we saw above don’t get busy building trust and relationship with new people that you forget to nurture the relationship that you already have. It is far easier to maintain an existing relationship. If you neglect these relationships they may be lost and become virtually impossible to re-establish.
Show your clients that you value them and nurture the relationships you have with them. Give back to them once in a while. They will grow your reputation as an honest and trustworthy person. Doing this creates a sense of community or brotherhood and so the trust you strive to maintain will be replied with them trying their best to maintain the trust you have on them.
7. Be truthful, constantly: Being truthful is the simplest and most effective mantra for gaining someone’s trust. When you are being truthful, the person observes it and subconsciously begins trusting you. You don’t have to lose anything to be truthful and it takes very less effort to do this. Being truthful also builds your personality in such a way that people around you and the other person also begin to see you as a truthful human being.
When you get caught lying to the person, all your hard work to establish yourself as a truthful person goes to waste. Your opportunities to establish faith with anyone acquainted with this person also goes to waste.
Even if people don’t appreciate you being honest and truthful with them to your face, they subconsciously know that being truthful is the best quality a person can have, so if you hold up your end of the bargain people will trust and respect you for it.
8. Trust the other person first: If you expect people to trust you, know that it is important for you to trust them first. Only when you trust them, they have an opportunity to think about trusting you.
9. Have a positive impact on people around you: It is easier to trust a person with positive behaviour than to trust a person who has negative vibes with everyone around them. This attitude kills your chance at friendship with your co-workers.
Just being a positive person allows a lot of people to see you and have an opportunity to trust you. This small tweak in behaviour goes a long way in establishing you as a trustworthy individual.
10. Body language: Always remember that body language matters. Even when you think people are not observing you, know that having a positive body language gets you past a lot of hurdles.
Body language is the most important aspect of nailing an interview. When your body language is good, the person talking to you also feels good, hence making your job of gaining that person’s trust easier.
11. Being yourself: When a person is talking to you, always remember to be yourself. If you are comfortable with yourself, then people also will be comfortable around you. When people are comfortable around you, they will also trust you for being honest about yourself and your intentions.
To maintain one’s trust, a person should know how to focus on the task at hand. Here’s what you need to do to be focused.
12. Be patient and consistent: This is probably the simplest but most difficult to do. It is important to be patient when you are trying to get someone to trust you. Gaining someone’s trust takes time and you will also have to be consistent with your deliverables.
Over time, if you are consistent enough, the person will be forced to trust you and will show faith in you.
Gaining someone’s trust is only the tip of the iceberg. One has to learn how to maintain it and nurture it. Gaining someone’s trust only to break it is bad and will tarnish your reputation.
To build trust one must have a great attitude and character and that you can learn from one book winning with people and you can order that book here:
You can visit my Facebook page where you can find all my videos and I update it regularly:https://www.facebook.com/betterworldsjp/videos/?ref=page_internal
You can also connect to me through my professional network on Linkedinhttps://www.linkedin.com/in/sjpurohit/
You can connect to me through my Instagram page: https://www.instagram.com/purohit.sudarshan/
If you want to know about your strengths and weaknesses then you can get your DMIT test done. If you want your DMIT test to be done then you can contact here: https://sudarshanpurohit.com/dmit-test-in-bangalore/