7 tips to build long lasting healthy relationship.
What have you done in last 6 months to make your relationship strong with your family members?
Do you know exactly what you must do to make a strong bond with your family members?
Actually few people come in life just for very short duration and for very specific reason. Like you meet your doctor, some shopkeepers, someone accompanying you in a trip. We just have to say hi or hello on some special occasion like festivals.
Then we have few relationship which stay for few months or for few years mainly because of our current situation or circumstances. This is like with our school friends, your room mates, relation with colleague in office or with boss in office. More the time you spents with them accordingly you would have to spend time in keeping in touch with them. Calling them once a month or once in 3 months to check how they are doing.
Few relationship are for life time like with your parents, your spouse, your kids and your best friend. These relationships are ongoing and are for life time. These relationship need continuous cultivation and we must do something every day to keep it refresh.
Now how to cultivate a long lasting healthy relationship to keep it healthy and growing here are the 6 ways:
1. Always keep relationship higher than the situation: This means that we are committed to our relationship what ever happen we will not hamper our relationship. As all have different mindset so all will have different views and that will definitely give strain and setback in relationship but in all these situations one must keep relationship higher then the situation !!!
Deep commitment (which is relationship bigger than situation) to the relationship is one of the greatest asset one can have. This is the foundation of lifelong relationship !!! Many a times we give higher value to the situation for an example let say you kid got less marks in exam or he broke some expensive thing now what we do is we make the situation bigger then the relationship and either scold or worst beat our own child.
What we must do instead is we must make our kid the importance of education and importance of money and our thought process must be positive that i have to make my kid better so that he does not repeat that in future instead of thinking that he is not good as he is not giving time to studies and breaking expensive thing. If we will think positive we will manage the situation better and will build healthy relationship.
Fights can’t be ignored in a relationship but these fights should be sensible. Raising voice is an important tool to make people understand sometimes but don’t demean its importance by using it to establish your superiority. It can be used to make people understand your point in rough times.
Believe me you will forget your anger but forgetting a loved one is tougher
than moving mountains. Anger is just an emotion & an emotion is
not permanent but a person who is with you in any kind of special
relationship can be your permanent partner. You just have to be
Now I’m not asking you to be a doormat for every person. There is a huge difference between Self-Respect & Ego. Self-Respect is a positive term which means respecting your moral values but Ego is a negative term which means to prioritize your superiority & win. A relation filled with ego will shatter one day. Respect yourself, respect your partner, respect your relation but oust out the ego.
To understand this point in detail you can read : https://sudarshanpurohit.com/how-to-handle-difficult-situation-at-home/
2. Daily enthusiastic communication keep the relationship going: One has to make sure that he does communicate with full positive energy with their family members. This enthusiastic communication make relationship stronger. For example what ever positive is happening with you the first person with whom you share this must be your family members. They must receive that positive energy from you that make them feel positive. When ever you get back home keep all the negative thing out and just meet all your family members with complete positive energy.
Lets say you are away from your parents or your kids then you must call them everyday and share some positive news with them this make the bond strong. Dont think that i dont have anything to communicate so i wont call. To keep the relationship strong we must communicate intentionally. Intentional communication with full positive energy (which is enthusiasm) is the key to make a strong bond with your family. Think of what positive happened and share that with family members in full energy !!!
3. We must set our family member free to do what they want and must tell them that we are with them in all the situation: We must be empathetic to our family members which is we must enjoy where they enjoy and must let them free to do what they want. This way we put their concern first !!! If they want to do something which is opposite to what you think then also letting them do what they want and be there to support them if anything fall short!!!
4. Make countless memories with your family members: If you see when ever we meet other person after long time first thing we discuss is memories of shared experiences !!! We must travel a lot with our family members and must do many activities together to create positive memories.
5. We must help our family member to grow physically, mentally , emotionally and spiritually: Growing together keep the relationship fresh and strong and this growth becomes one of the reason of why we want to be with our family members because we are better everyday with them !!! If your spouse want to learn something or want to do some work we must let them do because that way they grow !!!
6. Flatter each other: Say good qualities of other to them as often as you can. Praising your family member make them feel that you value them and that make the bond strong. We must flatter them as often as we can and must say that we love them and how much we care for them. If we do something special for family member then we must be verbal on why we are doing this for them because we care for them. This also make the relationship strong. Tell them that they are good and what you do to make them happy is also a way to make the relationship strong!!!
7. Think positive about your family member: Everyone has some good qualities which you like and some not so good which you dont like. To build great relationship we must think only about good qualities which we like. If we get negative thought about our family member then intentionally stopping it as it wont help in your relationship. For all the bad qualities which you dont like we must think on how can we help them to improve it.
Once we follow these steps we will be able to build great relationship with our family members. All the family members will love and like you.
To develop good attitude in yourself you can read one famous book by John Maxwell “winning with people” you can buy that book at Winning with people
Other blog which you can read : https://sudarshanpurohit.com/overcoming-fear-of-failure/
I have a YouTube Channel also and you can subscribe it through : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYGdbB_F0qii4Zo_rn-rCyg/videos?view_as=subscriber
You can visit my Facebook page here you can find all my videos and i update it regularly : https://www.facebook.com/pg/betterworldsjp/videos/?ref=page_internal
You can connect me through my professional network on linkedin also here is the link :https://www.linkedin.com/in/sjpurohit/
You can connect me through my instagram page : https://www.instagram.com/purohit.sudarshan/