Being Mediocre – Explained.
How do we can keep our life experiences from being a useless, ordinary and useless mess of mediocrity? The usual advice goes something like this: get off your couch and make something happen! or even a ” stop being lazy!” This seems so harsh, but don’t worry because it’s closely followed by the motivating phrase of “Just Do It. don’t overthink” and once you get the usual advice you try to get up and move. But the question is if movement alone is going to be enough to keep you from being a nobody?
Along with understanding being mediocre, Here’s what you should do to stay motivated.
The thing is that the entire world over the last decades has corrupted into the ever-improving; you can do anything and you have to do something myth. Everywhere you go, every ad that you watch tells you that you “should” always be developing yourself.
This is why understanding mediocrity is essential for a person to make a contribution to society. Understanding mediocrity allows us to introspect our qualifications and qualifications of those around us. Understanding mediocrity also changes our perception of success and teaches us how being mediocre is enough.
Along with understanding being mediocre, check out the importance of having a positive spirit.
Being yourself is not enough, you have to be better, because of this, you’ve been taught the idea that there is no such thing as being enough or good enough because at the end of the day, if there is such thing, companies don’t get to oppress you, commanding more and more work with no increase in pay.
Why do we fear mediocrity?
Because we have this romanticised idea that, Fearing failure more than mediocrity means that you are not dreading failure at all. but the truth is that everyone fears failure, those who do exceptional things often fear mediocrity more.
Along with understanding being mediocre, Here’s what you should do to focus properly.
1. The other point is that when we fear failure more than mediocrity we play it safe. We decrease risk and attempt mediocre tasks. So when we fear mediocrity more than failure then the less-used paths seems scarier than going on then mostly used path. The ordinary becomes difficult and shunning risk feels more depressing than taking it.
Along with understanding being mediocre, Click here to know how to develop a winning attitude.
2. The world has convinced us that being mediocre is never going to be enough. Being ‘average’ is considered equal to failure. As a matter of fact, that was the subtext of what many people who fight with career and life decisions. Their second opinions about the road not taken, and their belief that they have to be a “somebody” feel the same way.
3. We act this way because we tend to judge each other by our own choice. Protecting what we’ve chosen to do in our lives and what we have chosen to leave behind. We judge our companions’ choices and even strangers choices like that. We decipher the fact that our friend has taken something different as their understanding and denial of what we would have chosen for us. But what we frequently forget, is that the biggest judge of all is often the one in the mirror, who is holding us to unachievable standards and encouraging our self-doubt.
4. You ran a marathon, but it’s not enough you want to end at the top of your age group. You’re a manager, but that not enough too, you want to be the CEO. You started a million-dollar business, but now you want to build a $10 million business. it doesn’t matter what you’ve already accomplished, you want more. you internalized and ended those achievements a long time ago. To you, that’s just who you were, now you want more. For you, your successes have become unremarkable and even unfinished.
5. Imposter Syndrome, this feeling is called imposter syndrome. it is the feeling that you are not as good as other people think that you are and that others will find out that you are faking everything. It is often associated as being especially prevalent amongst high achieving women but it is as often as seen in men.
Along with understanding being mediocre, Here’s what you should do to be successful in life.
This belief can and will always lead to you questioning your achievements and you will end up being harder on yourself than you need to be. Imposter syndrome can be very destructive, particularly if it causes you to turn down many opportunities because you have a fear of failure. or it can also lead you to step back when its time to show your true skills, talent, and experience. it all happens because you fail to reach your potential as it makes you wait for someone else to find and select you.
Along with understanding being mediocre, check out how to be courageous.
How to fight this feeling that you are a nobody?
1. Try to change your scenery. Travel to another area. Obviously, we are not suggesting travelling as a likely solution to avoid mediocrity. But the difference to your routine will give you a big lift. you will be totally distracted to think about finding your way around, try discovering some new neighbourhood, see new scenes, and visit new places.
2. if you don’t point out where mediocrity bothers you the most, it’s hard to overcome it. Is it with other people? If it is, then there’s not much you can do about that. If it is within you, then there is a lot you can do about it. You can recognise what is valuable to you and then concentrate on that only. how to focus? To focus on that, you have to understand that it will make your average in other areas. it is because a desire for perfection in one area takes away perfection from other areas. When you understand what you are winning and what you are giving up, you will have an easier time dealing with everything.
Along with understanding being mediocre, check out how to develop humility.
3. knowing what you are good at is the answer. If you can consider the idea that ‘I am Exceptional’, then summon it even for a simple cup of coffee. Stay with this powerful idea for some time each day. Answer every question of “How are you?” with “I am fabulous!” do this because you are great. You are a unique spiritual character of Infinite Intelligence. You are genetically Great. its time for you to get used to it.
4. After your date with your ‘Greatness’ over a cup of coffee, you can cut out this mediocrity facade. It’s not important and it’s not true. Fake it till you make it and then, the next step is to own it. Declaring your Greatness leads to the most amazing sense of empowerment.
Along with understanding being mediocre, check out how to be energetic.
5. Exercise is always the answer, no matter what the question is. it is a well- documented fact that exercise acts as a mood-booster, but most of us don’t want to put that effort and time into it. you can go and try running and let the rush of endorphin welcome you. Continue doing it even when you feel shallow and unhealthy.
6. We all have hard times to succeed every day, we all struggle to be unique. You may know that you have an uncommon personality, or a good sense of humour, and a few diverse skills and talents. you may also be aware that you have nice hair and gentle eyes. You are not an eyesore as you may believe yourself to be when you’re feeling down and sad.
The more you become happy with recognizing your personal strengths, the more armour you’ll have against the cold thoughts of the world. If we sweat on our self-esteem and realize how beautiful we are then other characters won’t seem so threatening. Be loving, gentle, and nourishing to yourself and you’ll perceive less of a requirement to make comparisons.
7. Being mediocre is not a dilemma but seeing mediocrity as a failure
clearly is. We all are unique in our own way. If one person is good at something, then the other person is good at another. We all have some characteristics that make us distinct from others even when and if we feel that we are mediocre. Love your imperfections and mediocrity, you’ll feel satisfied with it and you will automatically start controlling them, eventually, you will stop finding yourself mediocre.
Along with understanding being mediocre, check out how to control your emotions.
8. If you’re scared of something, in reality, you are actually just afraid of an idea. Imagine the big scary idea as a big bully. Stop being scared of it and strive hard until it doesn’t frighten you. Make that big rascal afraid of you and make it run away from you. You’ll know when you have successfully scared that big bully away. When you will feel like even if someone put a stone wall in front of your face, you could walk straight through it. but not only that, but you will also feel like you can conclusively be at peace.
Along with understanding being mediocre, check out how to be self-disciplined.
So now that we know all about mediocrity and how to conquer it, what next? Remember these words of affirmation.
1. Thinking you are mediocre is one of the worst traits a person can have. It is just about being simply another ‘statistic’ in the millions.
2. Mediocrity is common. It is dull. It’s just inferior. There’s nothing exciting or euphoric about being there, you have to rise above it.
3. Mediocrity is simply like ‘lukewarm’ rather than being ‘warm’.
4. Mediocrity is unfair. It is simply ‘absurd’ and ‘painful’.
Along with understanding being mediocre, check out how to become a hard worker.
You can visit my Facebook page where you can find all my videos and I update it regularly:https://www.facebook.com/betterworldsjp/videos/?ref=page_internal
You can also connect to me through my professional network on Linkedinhttps://www.linkedin.com/in/sjpurohit/
You can connect to me through my Instagram page: https://www.instagram.com/purohit.sudarshan/
If you want to know about your strengths and weaknesses then you can get your DMIT test done. If you want your DMIT test to be done then you can contact here: https://sudarshanpurohit.com/dmit-test-in-bangalore/